The winner of the Bessemer frying pan draw, Lisa, has kindly agreed to share one of her favourite recipes, and one that she christened her new frying pan with!
Lisa with her brand new Bessemer frying pan!
The recipe that Lisa has shared is for a dish called Penang Meatballs. Now, this is not a dish that I’m familiar with, but it sounds sensational and I can’t wait to give it a try! Much thanks to Lisa for providing these photos and the recipe to me for the blog 🙂
500g minced lean beaf
1/2 cup flour
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tbs red curry paste
350 ml coconut milk
1 1/2 tbs fish sauce
2 tbs peanut butter or crushed peanuts
1 tbs sugar
Basil to garnish
1. Shape the mince into balls and roll in flour. Heat some vegetable oil in the frying pan, then add the meatballs.
2. Cook the meatballs until evenly browned, then remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
3. Stir fry curry paste in remaining oil gently for 2 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk and stir through. Then add the peanuts and peanut butter (I like to use both), fish sauce and sugar
Taste to check the balance between sweet, hot and sour flavours are there.
5. Return meatballs to sauce and simmer to warm through.
6. Serve with rice, fresh cucumber and onion – garnish with chopped basil. Enjoy!
Once again, thanks to Bessemer for sponsoring this giveaway and for everyone else who took part! Next post – double dark chocolate mud cake, the best mud cake I have ever come across!